The 39th conference of the MIDDLE EUROPEAN COOPERATION ON STATISTICAL PHYSICS (MECO39) will be hosted by the Applied Mathematics Research Centre (AMRC), Coventry University from 8 to 10 of April 2014. Historically, MECO was established to allow scientists in the East and West of Europe to maintain open scientific dialogue and beneficial collaborations across the Iron Curtain. Today, the meeting remains at the heart of Statistical Mechanics in Europe and, due to interdisciplinary applications, MECO attracts the attention of a much wider mathematical sciences community.
The invited speakers include
- Letitia Cugliandolo (Paris, France)
- Sergei Dorogovtsev (Aveiro, Portugal)
- Martin Evans (Edinburgh, UK)
- Helmut Katzgraber (Texas A&M, U.S.A.)
- Nikolai Lebovka (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Christian Maes (Leuven, Belgium)
- Anastasios Malakis (Athens, Greece)
- Victor Martín-Mayor (Madrid, Spain)
- Thomas Palberg (Mainz, Germany)
- Rudolf Römer (Warwick, UK)
- Lev Shchur (Landau Institute, Russia)
- Stefan Thurner (Vienna, Austria)
- Slobodan Zumer (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Further information, including registration details, can be found on the website http://meco39.complexity-coventry.org/ . For queries, please email email@example.com .